Linux System Engineer
THE EAR limited is looking for a Linus system Engineer to join our team on full time basis.
The Systems Linux Engineer role is to ensure the stable operation of the production infrastructure systems. This includes maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, including, server infrastructure, virtualization, automation and data communications.
The Systems Engineer will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems according to SLAs and execute projects under the supervision of IT Manager.
- Required Knowledge & Skills (Minimum of 5 years’ experience)
- Maintain development infrastructure environment and operations
- Maintain Servers, and Virtual Infrastructure (Vmware)
- Maintain corporate and production web systems based on RHEL, and Centos 6.x and 7.x. Deploy new software, hardware, and back-end systems
- Storage solutions (iSCSI, Fibre-Channel, Arrays)
- Database (MongoDB and MySQL) as well as Wildfly and Java experience
- Day to day management and build of Linux systems based on Centos and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x.
- Configuration and support for Nginx web services, with PHP plugins
- Experience with load balancers such as HaProxy and NGINX
- Working systems knowledge of JIRA, and Git
- Centralized Linux management and authentication, using LDAP or MS AD
- Monitoring systems: Nagios, Prtg, cacti
- Experience working with Oracle Database/ PostgreSQL as well as Jboss is a plus
- Experience working with Cisco ASA is a plus
- Dell PowerEdge server management experience
On call and out of hours work as necessary to maintain the availability and accessibility of the infrastructure (if necessary)